HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!

Hey dad! I have a new blog site! :) You can stalk my blogs again from now on.

let me share to you first my story for the day.

Is that all? 
(taken from 365 Moments to Cherish - Robert Strand)


In a little Florida town there as a plain home for small, unwanted boys. The kindly matron didn't have much in the way of luxuries, but she made it up to the boys... she loved them, mothered them, spanked them, fed them, taught them to love God, to read their Bibles, to pray, and to become good citizens.
One day a well-to-do lady came from a distant city to see about adopting one of the boys. Everyone was so pleased and happy for the fortunate boy who would be going to live in such a fine placement home -- a successful father, a beautifully dressed and coifed lady for a mother.
After going through the selection process, one particular little boy was chosen. Then the prospective mother began talking to him and asked, "Do you have a bicycle?"
Back the answer came, "No, ma'am."
Shew went on, "Do you have your own radio?"
The reply was "No, ma'am."
And the questioning continued ... dress suit of clothes, personal TV set and so on. To all of these questions about his possessions he was answering, "no."
Finally this little boy studied her, then blurted out, "Please ma'am, if that's all you're going to give me, I'd rather stay here!"
Yes, this is the Christmas season. For weeks and maybe longer, many of us  have been planning, shopping, and preparing for the big day. Before the final rush takes place, let's pause and hear again the small boy's question, "Is that ALL you're going to give?"
Are material things worth more to you than the greater gifts? Where will you place Christ in all of this celebration, this season? Let's not miss Him like the Jewish nation missed Him when He came the first time. God had promised a Messiah for His people ... but they weren't ready to receive Him. How about you, this Christmas?

Why this story? not only the fact that this is the story meant to be read today it speaks MORE of my dad. My dad is like that matron who loved, mothered, spanked, fed, taught the boys to love God, to read their bibles, to pray and to become good citizens. MY DAD DID THAT ALL TO ME too!

Some is mistaken that by being a father you must be able to provide financially for the family and that's it. well it doesn't work that way. Some may also believe that by giving material things, they are showing you their love. Yes, that can be one way to show their love, but let me ask you the question of the boy one more time. "IS THAT ALL YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE?" ----- MY DAD GAVE ME SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT.

he loves me very much. He is a real DADDY. He spanked me, not just because he wants to but because i NEED to be. He fed me -in our history, i remember him doing everything that he could just to keep our family going. He taught me to love God and to trust in him ALWAYS. He taught me to read my bible, to pray and TO BECOME A GOOD CITIZEN. -if you know my DAD you'll probably SUPER agree to the last part-

so here it is. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!

i miss you so much! things are hard here. i am not just talking about my studies but talking about life in general. I miss you solving my problems for me. I MISS YOU. THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A GOOD DADDY TO ME. ugh I miss you terribly. Whenever I think of you, I remember how GREAT our GOD is. Not only that he gave me a father, but he also made sure that he is the right one for me. Dad, I LOVE YOU. there is just to much words to say to you. This post can go on forever.

So I'll just say it like this. THANK YOU for including US in your life. Thank you for the never ending love and care that you are showing us. Dad you're one of the people I LOOK UP TO. I want to live my life like you did. You have really been a good example for me. Thank you. I could never ask for a better father. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! --see hindi ko nilagay kung ilang taon ka na :) secret na lang natin hehe :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

say it.

MARIEL!

BOOM!