PDL - Day 6

2 Corinthians 4:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
DAY 6 - Life is a Temporary Assignment


Life is extremely brief and Earth is just a temporary residence so don't get too attached. This is not our final destination. We are just passing through. We are not citizens of this world but rather we are citizens of heaven. Our time here on earth is not the complete story of our life.

This chapter gave me a lot to think about. It's just sad that I have lived my all my life with the wrong perspective. I haven't viewed life on earth this way before. And sadly that's how this generation is being raised. Everything around us is telling us to acquire more, to be more, to have more. Our generation is so self-centered that we miss the fact that this life is not all there is! There is something MORE than is waiting for us. HEAVEN. We are so taken away by the need of having all the latest gadgets, clothes, money. We are being taken away by the need of  being popular and powerful. That in the process we are working so hard to get TEMPORARY CROWNS. Many christians drift away from God when life gets harder because they thought that following God would bring them wealth and success when completely He has so much MORE for us. We should remember that Paul was faithful but he ended up in prison. John the Baptist was so faithful but he was beheaded. But the end of life is not the end! A lot of people are afraid to die since they thought that they are leaving home but in reality THEY ARE GOING HOME. :)

I should definitely change the way I am living my life today. I admit that I am deceived that to be able to have a full life i should experience everything, have everything here in earth but I'm not gonna live that way any more. I will make it a point to value what will last forever. To look at everything here on earth as temporary. I'm gonna have my eyes focused in HEAVEN. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

say it.

MARIEL!

BOOM!