PDL - Day 3

Isaiah 26:3 "You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you"
DAY 3 - What Drives your Life?


As one of my favorite quotes say "A sense of purpose is the best driving force to live. If you have a reason to live, you will never have a reason to quit" Since this 40 day journey is finding my purpose in life, isn't it but necessary to find my driving force? I never really thought of my what drives my life until today. Maybe sometimes I know the answer but everything I got is temporary. I never had a permanent motivation in life.

Pastor Warren had discussed some common motivations that drives people's lives. According to him many people are driven by:

  • guilt
  • resentment and anger
  • fear
  • materialism
  • need for approval
To those common motivations I am guilty with the last one. I am driven by the need for approval. but just like as he said, these purpose leads to the same dead end: unused potential, unnecessary stress, and unfulfilled life. 

Without a purpose, life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose, life is trivial, petty and pointless.
Chapter 3 also mentioned the benefits of Purpose-Driven Living. Knowing your purpose...

  • gives meaning to your life
  • simplifies your life
  • focuses your life
  • motivates your life
  • prepares you for eternity
I don't want to live for the wrong reasons, the wrong motivation, the wrong purpose. I want to live according to HIM. I don't want it to driven by my need of approval from others, I want God's approval alone. I want to finally fulfill his purpose for my life. And Jesus would be the answer to everything :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

say it.

MARIEL!

BOOM!