my sister's keeper :)

every word in that movie/book is priceless :) i will read the book if i have time to spare or if i want to cry. HAHA 

*i couldn't read the book. i just know it, my heart won't be able to take all the pain.

No one starts a war – or rather, no one in his sense ought to do so – without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war and how he intends to conduct it. - Carl Von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege

My mother moves so fast I do not even see it coming. But she slaps my face hard enough to make my head snap backward. She leaves a print that stains me long after it’s faded. Just so you know: shame is five-fingered.

Anna is the only proof I have that I was born into this family. Instead of dropped off on the doorstep by some Bonnie and Clyde couple that ran off into the night. On the surface, we’re polar opposites. Under the skin, though, we’re the same: people think they know what they’re getting, and they’re always wrong.

Two thousand years ago the night sky looked completely different, and so when you get right down to it, the Greek conceptions of star signs as related to birth dates are grossly inaccurate for today’s day and age. It’s called the Line of procession: back then the sun didn’t set in Taurus, but in Gemini. A September 24 birthday didn’t mean you were a Libra, but a Virgo. And there was a thirteenth zodiac constellation, Ophichus and the Serpent Bearer, which rose between Sagittarius and Scorpio for only four days.
The reason it’s all off kilter? The earth’s axis -- OMG HE KNEW THAT THERE IS A 13TH ZODIAC :)

There are stars in the night sky that look brighter than the others, and when you look at them through a telescope you realize you are looking at twins. The two stars rotate around each other, sometimes taking nearly a hundred years to do it. They create so much gravitational pull there’s no room around for anything else. You might see a blue star, for example, and realize only later that it has a white dwarf as a companion-that first one shines so bright, by the time you notice the second one, it’s really too late.

I didn't want to see her because it would make me feel better. I came because without her, it's hard to remember who I am..."

"He insisted that stars were people so well loved, they were traced in constellations, to live forever"

"In the English language there are orphans and widows, but there is no word for the parents who lose a child." 

"You can make it dark, but I can't make it light." 

"Until this moment, I had not realized that someone could break your heart twice, along the very same fault lines."

"well, sometimes to get what you want the most, you have to do what you want the least."


"Her hands quieted. "Yeah. Because even if the law says that no one is responsible for anyone else, helping someone who needs it is the right thing to do."
I sat down beside her, close enough that the skin of her arm hummed right next to mine. "You really believe that?"
She looked down at her lap "Yeah."
Then how," I asked, "can you walk away from me?"


"if you tell yourself you feel fine, you will."

"there's something nice about knowing that i'm not the only one who doesn't quite fit the part." 

"so i do what i do best. i move in the opposite direction."

"don't say it. don't tell me that nobody's going to stare at me, because they will. don't tell me it doesn't matter, because it does. and don't tell me i look fine because that's a lie." 

"you're not a bad person because you want to be yourself."

"i don't know. i don't care. all i know is when you pay for something that's supposed to give you a cup of coffee, you deserve to get your f*cking cup of coffee."

"i'm sure i'm worth a lot more dead than alive"

"think about it: Romeo and juliet bucked the system, and look where it got them. Superman has the hots for Lois Lane, when the better match, of course, would be with Wonder Woman."

"I dont mind my disease killing me, but its killing my family too"

 It's about a girl who is on the cusp of becoming someone.. A girl who may not know what she wants right now, and she may not know who she is right now, but who deserves the chance to find out." 

"Do you know how sometimes - when you are riding your bike and you start skidding across sand, or when you miss a step and start tumbling down the stairs - you have those long, long seconds to know that you are going to be hurt, and badly?"


"Maybe who we are isn't so much about what we do, but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it."  

"A photo says, you were happy, and I wanted to catch that. A photo says, you were so important to me that I put down everything else to come watch. "

"If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?" 

"Normal, in our house, is like a blanket too short for a bed--sometimes it covers you just fine, and other times it leaves you cold and shaking; and worst of all, you never know which of the two it's going to be." 

"See, as much as you want to hold on to the bitter sore memory that someone has left this world, you are still in it" 

It's disappointing to know that someone can see right through you.

"I'm lonely. Why do you think I had to learn to act so independent? I also get mad too quickly, and I hog the covers, and my second toe is longer than my big one. My hair has it's own zip code. Plus, I get certifiably crazy when I've got PMS. You don't love someone because they're perfect. You love them in spite of the fact that they're not." 


"Kids think with their brains cracked wide open; becoming an adult, I've decided, is only a slow sewing shut." 


"Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them." 


"I learn from my own daughter that you don’t have to be awake to cry." 


"...seeing her sitting there unresponsive makes me realize that silence has a sound." 


"What I really want to tell him is to pick up that baby of his and hold her tight, to set the moon on the edge of her crib and to hang her name up in the stars.


" Shooting stars are not stars at all. They re just rocks that enter the atmosphere and catch fire under friction. What we wish on when we see one is only a trail of debris." 


"It is the things you cannot see coming that are strong enough to kill you."

 "I sometimes wonder if it is just me, or if there are other women who figure out where they are supposed to be by going nowhere."

"And the very act of living is a tide; at first it seems to make no difference at all, and then one day you look down and see how much pain has eroded"


But if you took every memory, every moment and stretched them out end to end, - they’d reach forever’ 

‘There is always a winner, for every person that gets is a person who must give.’ 

‘He smiles at me, and I am suddenly seventeen again – the year I realize that love doesn’t follow the rules, the year I understood that nothing is worth having so much as something unattainable.’ 

‘Her collarbone was a mystery. ‘I knew you were beautiful under there,’ I said and that was the first spot on her that I kissed. 

‘Nobody ever wants what they’ve got’ 

‘I had the heart of a relationship, but no body to grow it in’ 

‘I wondered what happened when you offered yourself to someone, and they opened you, only to discover you were not the gift they expected and they had to smile and nod all the same.’ 

‘…Goldfish. Bright as a penny, he swims in circles, happy to be going nowhere.’ 

‘We both turn eagerly, grateful for someone who keeps us from having to recognize the strangers we have become.’ 

‘There are only two times a day a guy can get excited: during the day and during the night’ 

‘The moon did her best. She carved each of these blocks of sorrow into a man or woman. She spent the rest of her time watching out so that the other stars wouldn’t fall. She spent the rest of the time holding onto what scraps she had left.’
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

say it.

MARIEL!

BOOM!