sTiLL the saMe oNLy better

It was and still a special and memorable day. I will never forget the exact events that happened during that day. It was October 2006 when i attended a certain retreat in our church, the "encounter God retreat". Many people already did their testimonies about that certain retreat that after it you're life really will change. I know their testimonies are true for i really see their difference. I knew that a month after that our family will transfer here in Doha, i don’t want to have any regrets, and I joined.



The retreat lasts for three days and i was down to the last day on the retreat. Still i haven't found or felt the change that they were talking about. The session ended i walked out of the church, wondering what would happen to me now. I never wanted to go out since i really felt different during the retreat. At that point i was feeling scared and lost. I believe it was God who put the song into my mind, the song that our pastor sings every night before we go to sleep. The song is entitled still. I believe it is form the book of Psalms chapter 49 verse 15-16.



I believe that God really want me to have that song. That song thought me a lot of things. Whenever I’m down or troubled all i have to do is be still and He is God. He would not give me something i couldn't handle. Through that song i had a better view of life. I became optimistic; I began to regard everything as a blessing. I know that I don’t have to worry since I don’t have anything to worry about. God is with me and always will be. 


Comments

  1. you’re life really will change(?) WAT"S WITH THE APOSTROPHE? your
    The retreat lasts for three days and i was down to the last day on the retreat ( TENSE CONSISTENCY) This was in the past so it should be in the past tense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh... i'm not gonna go for your grammar coz i got the sense anyways :) but you know, i noticed you really are into songs aren't you? God speaks to you in songs (or life in general). somehow that's something that sticks to you a lot. :) that's really cool coz i love music and life speaks to me in that way too :) keep God in your heart always and the difference is already there: salvation :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

say it.

MARIEL!

BOOM!